Any parent would tell you that it’s not easy to get perfect photos of your child for some reasons. Some kids just don’t like posing for a snap – either they’re too shy or they just don’t like the idea of posing for the camera. Meanwhile, other kids are too engrossed playing or doing something that keeps their attention. And if they happen to be open to the idea, it’s not a guarantee that you’ll snap Instagram-worthy shots since the child may not be motivated enough to pose artistically. It’s safe to say that taking perfect child portraits is as challenging as photographing a newborn.
If you’re really eager to capture your child in beautiful poses so you can remember such moments forever, you may need to find experienced photographers in this field. If you live anywhere in Campbelltown, Narellan, Camden, Gregory hills, Oran Park, Hoxton Park, Liverpool, Bowral, Picton, or Wollongong, NSW, please call or visit Photography Inc. We offer professional photography services at affordable rates. We employ proven techniques to ensure that the photos we snap will show your child in stunning ways. Call us today at 0402 680 099 so we can schedule your child’s photo shoot and create child portraits that speak volumes about your precious one’s personality.
Capturing Your Child's Perfect Moments
There are some tried and tested ways on how you can capture the perfect shot of your precious little one. Keep these things in mind and you’ll surely be snapping away mesmerizing shots of your child:
- Maintain a friendly environment. Children don’t like to be imposed upon, so be sure that you’ll keep your approach friendly. Make the kid feel that he or she is helping make the photo session successful by being an actual part of it, and not just as a subject.
- Go candid. Shots in which children are not looking into the camera are often the best shots. It makes the subject appear candid and natural, which is always a good thing.
- Mind your location. For location with lots of light, go for low ISO settings; for dark environments, set your camera to higher ISO to achieve favorable results.
- Get the right gears. Photo shoots greatly rely on the photography equipment that the shooter uses. Ideally, a DSLR camera with fast aperture will work wonders as you can easily get artistic ‘bokeh’ effect.
- Set the right mood. Depending on the child’s age, you may need to bring toys or other props that the child loves. This is to make the child as relaxed as possible to set the perfect mood for some stunning child portraits.
Using the Right Camera for Awesome Child Portraits
As mentioned, the specific photography gears you use will greatly determine the success of your photo sessions. You may have the proverbial eye for beauty, world-class photography skills, and the perfect subject but if you lack the right equipment, the child portraits you’ll get will likely be sub-par. If you have the budget, go for a high-end point and shoot or use a powerful DSLR camera. You may also experiment with ISO and use different lenses, but make sure that they will serve your intended results. Natural lights are the best but if you’re working in a dimly-lit environment, you could tweak your settings to ISO 100 or ISO 200, f/2.8-f/5.6 aperture, and 1/200th-1/250th of a second shutter speed. Also, avoid using built-in flash in a poorly-lit location. It’s better to use an external flash and set it to TTL mode with the above given manual camera settings.